ezbook product announcements and updates – March 29 2018
1. The results of the Locate Existing Booking report (Simple and Advanced) can now be exported to excel
The results of the Locate Existing Booking report (Simple and Advanced) can now be exported to excel. At the bottom of the search results page, there is a button called Export to Excel, clicking on that will export all the columns and data into an Excel format.
This will make it easy for users that need the search results data for further analysis or for generating visual reports.
2. Additional rules/conditions are now available within Resource Type Limits
We have added additional rules/conditions within the Resource Type Limits. The 2 new rules/conditions that have been implemented are;
- Booking Cut-off Time: Provides controls if resources need to be booked at least X number of hours ahead of the booking start time. E.g. All Vehicles Resource Type need to be booked 24 hours in advance
- Update and Cancellation Cut-off Time: Provides controls so that bookings/appointments cannot be updated or cancelled X minutes prior to the start time and thereafter. E.g. This control will be useful to manage utilization and if historical booking records need to be maintained for audit and reporting purposes
These new rules/conditions follow existing structures where-in they can be assigned to all users or to a user group. We recommend that these rules not be applied to all users in order to manage exception situations. E.g. An Administrator may need to make an urgent booking or a booking may need to be rescheduled for a legitimate reason.
In order for the above rules/conditions to function with accuracy, the timezone of the site/organization needs to be setup. This can be done via the Modify Site Settings within the Admin tab, select the appropriate timezone and click save. The image below visually shows the steps.
3. Updated Registration Page and created a new Company Profile page
We have modernized and simplified the new client registration page. We have reduced the amount of information required to register and start using ezbook. At the same time, we have modernized and made the registration page mobile responsive so that users could easily complete the registration on their mobile device.
Since all of you have already completed the registration process, there is no impact to you. This will benefit new clients and make it easier for them to start using ezbook. Below is a screenshot of the new registration page and you can click this link to view the new registration page.
As we simplified the registration page, the data that we previously captured in the registration page will now need to be entered when a user logs in for the first time. Also, this company profile data, including the date of registration, will now be visible to all Site Administrators (was previously hidden).
We have created a new page called Company Profile within the Admin section to capture & display this data. This Company Profile data has been hidden till date, since your initial registration, and now, you will be able to see what was entered at that time and make adjustments if needed.
If you have questions regarding these changes, please contact ezbook support at firstname.lastname@example.org